Legion of Shadows

Are you ready to face the Shadows?
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Past MMO experience

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexander Fury
Shadow Captain


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Past MMO experience   Tue May 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Ok i know there arent many people in the guild yet but hopefully that will change soon... so i was wondering what past MMO game experience you all have.

I played WoW for awhile it never was really my cup of tea, then i Played SWG i liked that alot I loved being a Smuggler and running from Bounty Hunters and the such, but eventually all the changes they made to the game turned me off so i stopped playing and i stumbled across PotBS when i was looking at E3 coverage a few years ago and thought it sounded awesome as i was always a fan of the era of pirates, i been keeping tabs on the game ever since.

Now i cant wait to dominate the seas with the Legion...we will strike fear in the hearts of all who face the Shadows pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table
avatar

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Tue May 15, 2007 5:58 pm

Well i never really was into MMOGs i played online games all the time, mostly sports titles and some FPS but then some of my friends got into WoW and after a month of trying to convince me to start playing i finally did, I was addicted to it for awhile because i was new to the genre but the constant grind wore on me quickly yet i stuck it out and continued playing cause i had fun with alot of my RL friends, and i had started a guild that i made alot of friends in, but finally i had enough and gave up the game.

Then i moved on briefly to SWG but really didnt dig it to much its more my fault because i didnt give it a fair chance, because around the same time i tried SWG i tried EVE and i got completely addicted to EVE, i loved that you could literally do whatever you wanted, and the CORP system was very cool, i was wrapped up in that for a long while but i finally had to say my good buys to the world of EVE for no particular reason except i was ready to dedicate myself to a new project... i have been following PotBS since it was first announced and I finally decided now was the time to start the Legion of Shadows, i have been planning how i wanted the Legion to work for quite some time now and im ready to get a fun community going so we all can enjoy the soon to be best MMOG on the market!!

_________________
Captain Ronin Wolf
Leader of the Legion of Shadows.

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 29
Localisation : You really don't want to know, trust me...
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Tue May 22, 2007 6:48 pm

I never was really into online games, I played the standard poker games and bowling but those get dull after a while. Mostly I just played Halo2 Online for XBox and became instantly addicted. And now that my XBox doesn't work for some unknown reason I had to find something new to play. A friend of mine played some online game with her dad and it always seemed like fun so when she told me about PotBS I looked it up and am now addicted. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 49
Localisation : In the Dark Shadows of Your Mind
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Tue May 22, 2007 7:19 pm

I was in SWG for 3+ years with my son, and some of his buddies. We had our own little group, the “Thaanos” family. In character we were all related in some manner. I was the father figure, a medic working toward doctor, at first. Then Sony changed everything so I went, combat medic/rifleman. At one time there were 8 of us in the group, all level 80s, and it was a blast to have us all meet up at one port at the same time, and see the reaction since we all had the same last name. It would really freak people out. “Just how many of you guys are there?” was the usual question. We had awesome manufacturing setups that could repro nearly anything need plus multiples of special items that we kept in storage fleets and guild halls. One of our guys racked up over 300M in his account. If we needed something the credits were there waiting. But then Sony really screwed up the game, and we had a meeting in game on team-speak, and decided it was time to get out. I sold all my stuff for ridicules low prices and empted my bank account. When I had nothing but credits I placed myself outside the port of entry for new players, and when I spotted one I would drop a 100K tip on them, and watch their reaction. SWG was great the first year, and a half, and then it started down hill. God I hope Sony doesn’t get their hands on PotBS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table
avatar

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Tue May 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Julia Bloodbath wrote:
I never was really into online games, I played the standard poker games and bowling but those get dull after a while. Mostly I just played Halo2 Online for XBox and became instantly addicted. And now that my XBox doesn't work for some unknown reason I had to find something new to play. A friend of mine played some online game with her dad and it always seemed like fun so when she told me about PotBS I looked it up and am now addicted. drunken

I was crazy addicted to online poker and really poker in general but havent played for months now, man i was so obsessed with it for awhile though. And i love me some Halo and im a pretty hardcore madden player but my 360 broke and its gonna cost me $150 (i hate MS) to get it fixed so im prob gonna wait until the new madden and Halo 3 come out to get it fixed.

_________________
Captain Ronin Wolf
Leader of the Legion of Shadows.

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 29
Localisation : You really don't want to know, trust me...
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Tue May 22, 2007 7:40 pm

Ronin Wolf wrote:
Julia Bloodbath wrote:
I never was really into online games, I played the standard poker games and bowling but those get dull after a while. Mostly I just played Halo2 Online for XBox and became instantly addicted. And now that my XBox doesn't work for some unknown reason I had to find something new to play. A friend of mine played some online game with her dad and it always seemed like fun so when she told me about PotBS I looked it up and am now addicted. drunken

I was crazy addicted to online poker and really poker in general but havent played for months now, man i was so obsessed with it for awhile though. And i love me some Halo and im a pretty hardcore madden player but my 360 broke and its gonna cost me $150 (i hate MS) to get it fixed so im prob gonna wait until the new madden and Halo 3 come out to get it fixed.



I have to buy a XBox 360 I am still using the original version. And when Halo3 comes out I will definetly be buying it. Or at least I'll have my dad buy it for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alba_cross
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 40
Age : 29
Localisation : California
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Tue May 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Wasn't really into playing online games for a long time, but my dad had been playing WWII Online since it first began from day 1. I watched my dad and I watched the game progress. He was in a group with a bunch of Austrailians and even went to Austrailia to meet them once.

Then my dad decided it was time for me to join the squad. I played a few times, but the group was so tight it felt weird being there. Especially with my dad and stuff. When my dad showed me PotBS I was excited. Well that's putting it way lightly, I was giddy jumping up and down, squealing with joy at a pitch that only dogs can hear excited. (Like I mentioned, I'm obsessed with pirates)

My dad wanted me to join his squad that was making their own group called the Bastardos del Mar. I tried, but I heard no reply. Then I realized it would be weird just like WWII Online so I decided to go my own route and maybe have the pleasure of blowing my dad out of the water someday if we ever run into him Very Happy

So hear I am and that's all my online gaming experience. Though I didn't play too much, I know the politics of it and I'm ready to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 66
Age : 29
Localisation : You really don't want to know, trust me...
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Wed May 23, 2007 1:50 am

alba_cross wrote:
Wasn't really into playing online games for a long time, but my dad had been playing WWII Online since it first began from day 1. I watched my dad and I watched the game progress. He was in a group with a bunch of Austrailians and even went to Austrailia to meet them once.

Then my dad decided it was time for me to join the squad. I played a few times, but the group was so tight it felt weird being there. Especially with my dad and stuff. When my dad showed me PotBS I was excited. Well that's putting it way lightly, I was giddy jumping up and down, squealing with joy at a pitch that only dogs can hear excited. (Like I mentioned, I'm obsessed with pirates)

My dad wanted me to join his squad that was making their own group called the Bastardos del Mar. I tried, but I heard no reply. Then I realized it would be weird just like WWII Online so I decided to go my own route and maybe have the pleasure of blowing my dad out of the water someday if we ever run into him Very Happy

So hear I am and that's all my online gaming experience. Though I didn't play too much, I know the politics of it and I'm ready to play.



Did you get all giddy??

I got all giddy when my besstest friend in the whole world told me about PotBS too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 18
Localisation : Somewhere in that place with the people and the things that go.
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Wed May 23, 2007 11:35 pm

Still not a member of your lot as of yet my friends still taking in the whole picture of this game, I just foundt about it today but seeing as its in beta i figured look into the rising groups since those are always probably gonna be the major players in the actual game,

My past exp in MMO started with good ol SWG which at first was a great game that I enjoyed alot but then Sony screwed it up in me and several other veterans opinion so I decided to try other games, I went through EVE (too long to do anything) the Magic game (No probs there) Guild Wars (Pretty fun and my best like FREE) EVE again and then LOTR but I really didnt find it that great and this style of game seems very interesting and if they pull it off bravo I was wondering if anyone's goten into beta but I'd like to know what kind of feel you got from the game. Anyhow looking forward to chatting about the game whichever way the wind ends up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: The non swg fan   Wed May 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Yea obviously I'm going to be the OMG I Hated SWG only person here.

Yep I was in it during beta, pre release, and early release. There were so many disappointments I can't even list them all. I'm glad to hear some people liked it but for me and others I knew it went from awesome concept, to horrible massacre. Between the Jedi farming, the out of control market, and the overly wealthy entertainers and lack of storyline (really how many wookie brawlers can there be on one planet) I gave it up, along with guild complications.

I played WoW a bit, enjoyed it a fair deal. Got up to lvl 70 war, had some fun but got tired of grinding so gave it up. Yes I soloed all way to 70, I don't recommend it. Played some of City of Villians with my cousin, wasn't bad but wasn't great. I tried EvE but it was way to much to take in for my tastes, I need some simplicity.

POTBS tho much to everyone's joy really does look like a game for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samkin
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 14
Localisation : The Burning Seas
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:58 am

Hi, well Ive played quite, american games too, living in UK.

I have a 360 and I play Saints Row and Madden 07 Alot me liking the
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!

For PC i previously played SWG for around 1 and a Half years, from August 2004 till May 2006 when I got tired of NGE (New Game Enhancements) which really screwed it up. Had about 2months on WoW which was CRAP!

But I love my XBOX 360, Getting MADDEN 08, just to think 1 year ago i knew no rules, now i know most of them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilnadmy
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:52 pm

I started out with Guild Wars, which I played for a few weeks until my brother got me into WoW...and damn did the time fly by. Eventually though I realized what a constant grind it was. It took me about a year to hit the level cap (I took a 4-month break in the middle though), and then when my subscription ran out about 3 weeks after I hit 70 I didn't bother to renew it. I'm trying out City of Heroes right now, which is a pretty fun game but isn't as polished as WoW. If I don't get into the PotBS beta, I might just go back into WoW until PotBS is released sometime in October/November. However, I really hope I get into the beta, but I only applied like a month ago so my chances might not be that good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaheris Harper
Shadow Captain
avatar

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:13 pm

I've played anarchy online, world of warcraft, starsonata, and gunz Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Past MMO experience   

Back to top Go down
 
Past MMO experience
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: