Distribution deal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Distribution deal   Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:05 am

Rusty has announced that Flying Lab Studios (developer of PoBS) has come to an agreement with SOE to publish PoBS.

I know alot of people are gonna be pissed cause they hate SOE for what they did to SWG but Rusty emphasized that they would keep control of the development of the game and SOE would have no impact on that aspect so that is a good sign.

Also Rusty said they are aiming for a Fall release and he said they plan to invite 10,000 more to the beta so both of those are good to hear...well not really the fall thing i was hoping for august but atleast we have an idea now.

You can find all this news on the PoBS homepage i would post link but it is 1 AM right now and im lazy/tired Very Happy

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
Criniit
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Distribution deal   Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Yep in the article they said they're going to have a fall release Sad But on the bright side, they are adding 10k beta testers after 1 or 2 weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Can't say   Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:02 pm

Can't say much of any of this makes me to happy. 10k beta testers sounds good till you realize how many people are in the forums and signed up for beta casually.

That said let me move on the real beef everyone has SOE=SWG. I was there and really you had to be. Subscription snaffus, horrible game things that never came to pass, crappy pre order deals. So on and so forth.

Now I'm willin to give Rusty and gang the benefit of doubt. Still fact is now I won't see open beta till Fall.... I'll say this they are lucky both Conan and Warhammer moved to 08 cause I think that pretty much puts POTBS in line of fire with Gods and Heroes which are two very diff games. I think i'll stick with POTBS but just don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Criniit
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Distribution deal   Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Leon Silvestre wrote:
Can't say much of any of this makes me to happy. 10k beta testers sounds good till you realize how many people are in the forums and signed up for beta casually.

That said let me move on the real beef everyone has SOE=SWG. I was there and really you had to be. Subscription snaffus, horrible game things that never came to pass, crappy pre order deals. So on and so forth.

Now I'm willin to give Rusty and gang the benefit of doubt. Still fact is now I won't see open beta till Fall.... I'll say this they are lucky both Conan and Warhammer moved to 08 cause I think that pretty much puts POTBS in line of fire with Gods and Heroes which are two very diff games. I think i'll stick with POTBS but just don't know.

I was there with SWG, I played that game from beta 1 till NGE. And it has nothing to do with POTBS situation, as clearly stated SOE handles Marketing, billing, and distribution. They have no control over the game, the development or anything like that. The reason that vanguard caved into to SOE so quickly was that they went broke. But as stated by Rusty, FLS is in no way even close to the situation Vanguard was in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: well   Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:43 am

Well if SOE once again controls marketing, distrubtion and subscriptions I have problems. I know several people who had problems even finding SWG in the market when it came out, SOE is well documented at charging people far after they have cancelled there subscription and harassing them with phone calls. I am a legal studies major so I could even site a few cases.

Bottom line
We get SOE, who most don't like no matter how many had a good experience more had a bad one. Just look at forums.

We don't get our game till Nov prolly.

Most of us won't see Beta till late 07.

I'm really not saying any positives. Still I give POTBS benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Distribution deal   Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 am

I agree SOE has a checkered past and may have screwed up alot, but what can i say im a positive person and i am going to look on the brightside of this situation, one we now have a clear idea of release and a commitment to expand beta to 10k soon, i understand 10k isnt as much as we may think it is but it is still an improvement.

I didnt really experience the terrors of SOE because my time in SWG was brief but i know very well what they did to SWG and its players and at first i wasnt happy with this news either but then i looked on the positive side, there will be no NGE with PoBS as SOE has no control of development and the distribution problem wont bother me much aslong as they have digital distribution available, but the biggest factor that is making me ok with the SOE deal is that i have alot of faith in Rusty and Flying Labs and i know this game is there baby and there gonna make sure everything works out, they havent let me down so far so i will continue to put faith in them.

And i dont worry about competition from other MMOG that much cause they are sooo different, before i decided to get into PoBS i did in-depth research on each i was really tempted with Gods and Heroes cause i am a Roman history nut but all the fantasy stuff turned me off, Conan seems a little over hyped imo i think it will be a good game with great graphics but im not on the bandwagon, WarHammer is gonna basically be a WoW clone which wil be good for some people and very bad for others.

But all those games may be awesome but PoBS is very different then all of them so i think we will be fine.

Heres to hoping SOE dosent screw up Neutral

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 18
Localisation : Somewhere in that place with the people and the things that go.
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Distribution deal   Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:20 am

All I gotta say is this. SWG = decent game for loyal fans with good all around movie based emphasis. (jedi is one in a million shot so you need to either pick up a blaster or start making stuff.)

SWG + SOE (nuke fires into perfectly good game and explodes sending hardened veterens everywhere. Sulivans char on Galaxies crawls from the blast and has to reestablish entire char so that little whiners can have an easier game.(I'm sorry to be harsh to those new peeps in SWG but this is my opinion.)

any Like the rest of the SWG mates here I hope they keep their word and I dont have to add a new address to my weekly mail bombs. (Dang you Bungie ofr making me wait soo long.)

DISCLAIMER: AUTHOR DOES NOT ACTUALLY PERFORM SAID CRIME. SAID CRIME IS A TERRIBLE INHUMAN ACTIVITY AND SAID AUTHOR ONLY USES SAID CRIME FOR COMEADIC PURPOSES. PLEASE DO NOT THINK LESS OF THIS AUTHOR.

Anyway just thought I'd post a reply and give a shout to Leon and Vendetta. whats up guys I know i threw a wrench into the Tavern story but that dosent mean we gota drop it. PM your anger to me but I hope we can keep that going. Its witty fun and passes time that I like to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Distribution deal   Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:22 pm

ROFL! OMG! I love the disclaimer. I know this has nothing to do with the topic but it made me laugh so hard. Ah, everyone needs a good laugh some times. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distribution deal   

Back to top Go down

Distribution deal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: