Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: So it Begins ....   Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:33 am

Chapter 1

The first rays of morning illuminated the tip of the mainmast. Crewmen began stirring from their rum induced slumber. The last night in port had not changed and the crew’s position about the deck told the story. The only one standing and truly sober was the first mate Mr. Pendall. He turned about when he heard the handle of the cabin door slowly unlatch.

“Looks like a grand day ahead, Sir”.

Vincent Vendetta emerged from the cabin, adorned from head to toe in black. A flat, wide brimmed hat lay squarely upon his head. He was wrapped in a knee length cape that hung across the back and over the right shoulder. Leather gloves graced the hands and were as highly polished as were the knee length boots.

Vendetta spoke.

“Indeed it does, Mr. Pendall, indeed.”

“I see the lads had a grand evening, as well. Sober them up. Feed them. Seal the rum. And have them take a swim in the bay. I don’t like my ship smelling like a pig-sty.”

“Quite right Sir. Quite right. I’ll see to it.”, said Pendall

“Also, do another check on the cargo. I wouldn’t want to disappoint our friends. Double check the … special items.”

“Aye that would be awkward.” said Pendall.

“Square away here. I’m off to the Custom’s House for the business of the day. We must keep our hosts happy.”

A broad smile appeared on the face of Vendetta.

Mr. Pendall returned the smile, nodded his head and said, “True that be, Sir.”

Leaving the ship, Vendetta walked swiftly along the dock, up the ramp and set course across the plaza, fronting the harbor. As he rounded the corner of the street leading to the Custom’s House, a hand reached out and gripped him firmly upon the left shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:45 pm

Crystal Caribbean waters washed lazily against the dark water soaked wood of the docks. Sails fluttered against a crisp early breeze that stirred the flags into frenzy on the masts. Sunlight glimmered over the railings of each ship as they swayed to the call of the sea. The smell of rum and sailors filled the air, as many took off there heavy wears to swim and rest in the shade of a few sails and faint clouds.

As echoes were heard calling ships in and out of port it seemed that Vincent had a rather busy day ahead of him. As his feet tapped against the wooden planks into the port town they were echoed by another pair of footsteps. The hand that grasped him led to a man with a wide grin upon his lips.

He was covered in a bright golden vest that shimmered with the sun and silver that ran along the seams of nearly every article of clothing. His vest just barely contained the large girth of his gut that protruded outwards. Adorned more for a ball then a trip to the sea his large brimmed hat and thick black mustache hinted as his decidedly Spanish ancestry,

“You seem in an awful quick hurry Senior on such a gorgeous day.”

The r’s rolled heavily as he spoke and the mixture of tobacco and thick wine clung to his breath.

Leon of course knew very well what people in the port were up to. He paid a great deal to be well informed. Of course he didn’t care if illegal business went on, long as he got his cut. His opinion was that Illegal business would occur regardless of regulations, but to deny the grand nation of Spain a proportion of such gold would be ludicrous. A few coins in his pocket didn’t hurt matters either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:38 pm

“Leon, old friend, one day you shall do that and loss a hand.” Vincent said with a smile.

“If you thought to surprise me, I smelled you a full league away.”

Then in a hushed voice he said, “Now, I have some business at the port office and then may I suggest that we meet at the Plaza over some wine, were we may discuss matters that are best kept private? There are some items that will no doubt interest you and add a jingle to your purse.” he added with a raised eyebrow and slight tilt of the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:27 am

The large spainard chuckled at the comment, his girth rolled with his body as he did. His voice carrying the familiar melody of spainish tones, if a bit distant having been gone from his home country some time.

"Senior Vincent if I had wanted to stay safe I would have stayed on my ship."

He shook his head as one finger rolled along his long dark mustache,

"It's a wonder with all that skulking about any of you keep your hands at all. Yes the plaza does sound fine, I expect the with all your connections you can at least get a decent vintage of wine this time."

The spainard gave a hefty chuckle and began moving back the way he had come. Taking in a deep breath of salty ocean air. He could be seen, smelled and heard leagues away but that was part of his method. Better to let them watch your right hand and leave your left to other matters.

He made his way to the plaza.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Vendetta walked into the Custom’s House just as the sun gave full light to the town. Seated at his desk was old Jacobson going over his ledger.

“Good morning.” said Vincent.

“Ah! Captain Vendetta. Good morning indeed.”

Removing his hat, Vincent sat in the chair facing Jacobson. The two made for opposite book ends. Vincent, tall, lean, subtlety muscular, not an ounce of fat. Jacobson, short, fat, and one would have a hard time identifying any muscle about him.

“What’s the damage?” said Vincent.

“To the point as usual. Let us see, I was just adding it up.”, said Jacobson.

“So … the Pub, 40 shillings … unpaid rum another 10 ….the cost at the, ah hum! House, 30 and to the unpaid use of it’s, shall we say … merchandise 20. Now the cost for the Night Guard, to put an end to the fight and haul your crew back to your vessel, 30 more. So altogether, it’s …. 130 shillings. Looks like your crew had quit a night of it, no?” said Jacobson with a smile that made his face look like a cherub.

“It would so appear.” replied Vincent.

“Are there any other charges to the port? I will be casting off with the next tide and would like my accounts settled.”

Jacobson again went to his ledger turning over several more pages before looking back at Vincent.

“No, that seems to cover all costs for this stay.”

Vendetta, reached into the leather pouch that hung from his waist belt and withdrew a bag. He counted out 130 shillings. Slyly looking over his shoulder to make sure that they were in fact the only ones in the room, he took out another bag with 50 shillings in it. This was the payoff. It made sure that he and his ship would always have a berth at Jacobson’s dock.

The 130 shillings remained on the desk top in plain view, as the bag slid quietly off the desk, and into Jacobson’s inner coat pocket.

Extending his hot, sweaty, hand to Vendetta, Jacobson said, “Always nice doing business with a gentleman such as yourself. When can we expect to see you again?”

Vincent took the offered hand, shook it and replied, “Hard to say. I have a number of port calls to make. So, depending on the weather, wind, and so forth, difficult to estimate.” Vincent withdrew his hand and wiped it covertly on his pants leg.”

Jacobson had his uses, but the man was a pig.

“So then, we shall see each other again soon, I trust.” said Jacobson.

“Indeed we shall my friend.” replied Vincent, tongue in cheek. He did not consider Jacobson a friend, only a useful tool.

”Good day to you then.” said Vincent, as he stood and made to make his exit.

“And to you Captain Vendetta, and a safe voyage.” replied Jacobson.

Vincent made his way to the door of the Custom’s House and set off to his favorite eating establishment. “The Plaza”, which was one of the better house’s and offered a menu that, while costly, set well on the stomach. As the name implied, the “Plaza” did sit on the plaza. Vincent preferred to use the patio that gave him a clear view of the harbor and plaza.

Upon arriving he spotted Leon seated at a corner table that looked outward and made it impossible for anyone to spy upon them. Good old Leon, he always knew when there was business of a delicate nature about and chose exactly the right spot to conduct it. Vincent made his way to the table stopping only to requested the girl to bring a bottle of Marlot and two glasses to their table. After she had brought the wine, the small talk vanished.

“I have just come from the Harbor Masters office.” Vincent said in a tone low enough for Leon to hear but no others.

“As you know Jacobson takes bribes from all the ship captains that pass through this harbor.” He gave a knowing glance to Leon.

“Now given the number of ship and if the bribe is the same as I pay then he should be taking in a substantial sum. No?”

“Does this suggest anything to you?”

“Now let us say that if a certain party knew were he stashed the payoffs and if that party knew how one could relieve Jacobson of his ill begotten gain. Now if it were to go missing, then to whom would he complain without getting himself in trouble with the Governor?” Vincent added with a wicked smile and quick flick of his eyebrows.

“What say you to that?” He directed the question to Leon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 18
Localisation : Somewhere in that place with the people and the things that go.
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:50 am

Vincent I want to ride with your crew they seem to know how to have a great time. Throw me in as one of the drukerds that is responsible for that 120 shillings. Good material for pre beta madness. keep it up mate.

Your loyal servant,

the man mistaked for Sailor Sulivan Jacobs

Forgive me if my words cannot match yours and Leon's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:05 am

The hunter spotted his prey near the main plaza at a cafe frequented by men and women of finer taste. This one, Vendetta had been quite ellusive to find and if any respect could be give to him and his crew it was that they covered their tracks quite well. That was untill the captain's crew had created a great amount of rucass with the port's sentries the previous night.

The hunter's prey was talking fervently with his fellow conspirator and Sulivan wondered just exactly what they were up to but the King's Privateer did not have time to indulge his curiosity and thought of what his next action would be.

He moved from his place in the shadows and pulled the hammers back on his twin barreled flintlock stashed in his long billowing trenchcoat. He entered "The Plaza" and sat at the severly dented bar and ordered a shot of rum from the seasoned and grizly man behind the bar. His mark had chosen his place well and Sulivan would have to work hard to maintain his distance while still watching his prey. From his coat he procured his pocket flask and retrieved a napkin and whiped the dirt crusted surface till the silver shene once more showed brightly. He slowly and quietly placed the flask down and angled it so that he could gaze upon the activity behind him.

The Spainard who a shadowy character was unkown to him but Sulivan was sure that once Vendetta was taken care of he could easily avoid any retribution the man offered and he decided sooner was better than latter. He dropped his due payment on the bar and then set off toward the corner table moving toward a group of sailors who were starting to exit. If he timed it right Sulivan would fire on Vendetta and then exit with the stream of people in one fluid movement and then it would simply be a matter of eluding any guards near the cafe. As he neared his mark he began to pick up small amounts of the conversation taking place ahead of him.

"I'm certainly not privy to the whereabouts of it but I do know of a signor who may have such knowledge."

The spainard with the mighty mustache spoke as Sulivan came to within 5 feet, optimal range for the weapon he had at hand. He slowly began to make his move making sure no sailors were blocking his sight as the conversaiton continued.

"Well the amount of gold in Jacobson's possesion could bring alot of attention on whoever procured it from him we must tred softly."

To this remark the hunter simply continued on his way instead of reaching for his weapon and firing the fatal shot. Momentarily stung by the notion of whatever his mark's plan of action was with the port master the hunter exited the cafe with the sailors and then seperated himself from them. Sulivan knew of certain quantities of gold that the King had so far overseen since the master continued to maintain good standing with various groups of the island.

Determined to follow the man closely Sulivan disapeared again once leaving the sight of the cafe and then continued to spy on them waiting for the opertune moment where he might be in a position to gain some gold as well as accomplish his task. This hunt has just become far more interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:13 pm

(Very well Sulivan, let us see if we can manage to form an alliance without resorting to killing each other in the process. I won’t shot if you won’t. V.) Very Happy

As Vincent continued his conversation with Leon, he noticed a fellow entering the Plaza. The table they had chosen was not by chance. For it gave a clear view of any entering or leaving, while at the same time none could come up behind them. What drew his attention to the man was that he was a stranger and he was alone. Then his movements were those of a cat. Carefully measured and with purpose. Also there was the look of the predator about him; this was a man to watch.

As the stranger sat at the bar with his back to them, Vincent said, “the fellow at the bar do you know him?” Without turning his head, Leon shifted his gaze and when no response came, they both knew the answer was no. Now, both Leon and Vendetta were men with prices on their heads and many enemies, so the only question was who was he after?

Vincent crossed his left leg over the right in a slow fluid motion. At the same time his right hand slipped under his cloak and slid a pistol onto his lap. The weapon was gunmetal blue with Black African Walnut stock. The color blended into Vincent’s all black clothing. It lay there under the table with the hammer cocked to the first stop as he continued his conversation with Leon. As he withdrew the pistol, he caste his eyes downward so that Leon would see his action. Without a word passing between them both men had drawn their pistols covertly.

As the man rose for his seat at the bar they brought their pistols hammers to the full stop, with their fingers resting upon the guard. Vincent could not see the man's approach, but Leon could and while it appeared that he was looking at Vincent is eyes were focused upon the stranger. As he came closer to their table both men were sure that an attempt was about to be made on one of them, but the man passed by.

Now Vincent could see him as he passed behind Leon’s back and exited the Plaza. Securing the hammers on their pistols they returned them to their belts.

“He is on the hunt. I can smell the it about him. He is good, but who is he after?” said Leon. Vincent wishing to take no chances, motioned to Manuel, the little cleanup boy. Into his hand he pressed a coin and told him, “Go to the Valkyrie and tell Mr. Pendall, Vincent sends greetings from San Juan.” The boy left by the side door. He would deliver the message and then take his time about getting back. He could tell that trouble was in the air and he did not wish to be in the middle should it come.

“Now,” thought Vincent, “let us wait and see who this fellow is. The hunter is about to become the hunted.” He and Leon continued their planning to relieve Jacobson of his stash, while at the same time remaining on guard should the man return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:58 pm

Sulivan would not be deterred, he had done much in the service of others and save for a promise of exoneration for his past crimes to the crown. Yes he had family but there were in hiding in London under careful watch of some of Sulivan's last remaining friends.

Direct from the king's advisor Sir Ronald Thone he had been ordered to deal with this Vendeta character with extreme prejudice but he had often thought of himself doing grander things in what little existence he had managed to retain. In a different time he had done much to establish himself as a might baron on the streets of York but eventually the king's men had managed to track him down and he had spent 4 years in the bastion of London and had then been given a choice.

Rot away in prison or become the unfeeling hand of the king and use his more unsavory skills in the name of a greater good, but as the years had passed Sulivan had realized what good is freedom if it owed to a master and heretical thoughts had contiued to seep through his mind, especially since he arrived at the Spanish Maine.

And now he had knowledge of a possibly lucrative endeavor but he knew that both Vendetta and the Spainard Leon were no fools and would not easily introduce him to their plot but Sulivan had been cunning in his former line of work and his orders for the king had made him into even more of a formidable individual, he was not without his tricks.

But it would take serious planning and a boatfull luck to convince the man he had previously wanted to kill to allow him not only to crew with his ship but also become rich off a plan that Vendetta would be hatching sometime soon.

He returned his attention back to the subject and saw him leaving the cantina. But where was his accomplish, Sulivan decided it would be better to approach the spainard rather than Vendetta. He did not have to wait long before the target exited the cafe and headed deeper into the plaza. He followed the man around the corner and then realized his target to be nowhere in the crowded street.

Before he could think of what to do next he felt a cold pressure pressed against his back. "Don't say anything, don't react just walk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: really   Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:14 pm

(More the merrier Smile )

As the cold pressed against the back of the younger man the spainard grinned behind his thick mustache. The winds were strong but they allowed for there conversation to not be heard by prying ears. A less then busy street at this hour led to the only ones actually on the cobbeled path being pirates or sailors of less then repubutable standings. Leon was in his element, corruption at it's finest.

His large girth and odd odor made him not viewed as the type to sneak up on anyone. The oddily pointed boots and thick spainish features did not seem to help matters. His bright yellow colors and silvery linings he seemed a odd contrast to the shadowy dark in which he sat.

Still he had his moments and as his dark eyes watched the man he realized this was one of those moments. One finger precariously latched on to the trigger,

"I know two dukes and a rather stuffy baron who would not care Senior if I let you spill out upon the streets here."

He cocked the flintlock pointing at the man's back,

"Now Senior it is several gold dubloons to live, and information for you leave here unabrashed.So let's start with a name shall we?"

Leon wasn't sure he really had the upper hand. He was not a expert combatant by any means. Still he had spent his entire life as a Spainish officer making the right connections that he was safe in several ports of sanctuary. He waited for the man's next move, the Spainard assumed Vincent would be along any moment if trouble occured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Stepping from a side alley, Vincent stood eight feet in front of the stranger. He held no weapon, but with his cape flung back there was a display. Two silver handle daggers, two pistols, and a Rapier, whose grip matched the daggers.

“Now Leon, we are not even sure this fellow is after one of us.” said Vincent with a polite smile. “Perhaps the gentleman would care to join us for a cool drink and explain himself?”

At this time, two other men of rather large stature came forward, pistols drawn, and stood on each side of Vincent.

“These gentlemen will assist you, by relieving you of your burden.” “Also I should like to introduce my friends, Sky and Sea. They are Carib Indians that we rescued from the ocean. Every since they, for some reason, believe me to be the owner of their souls, or whatever they call it. You shall see them when we turn around. Currently the have their blowguns aimed at your back and as I am told, the darts are dipped in a very effective and fast acting poison.” added Vincent.

As he spoke the two men stepped up to the stranger and began removing his arsenal.

“Very impressive!” “I do so admire a professional.”
“Now then shall we return to the Plaza. I have arranged for a private room. We can enter from the back door, unseen.” said Vincent.

“Vincent, you talk to much.” injected Leon.

The small party moved off the main street and headed toward the back of the Plaza.

Upon entering the room there was, no table, three chairs and a short stool with a tray balanced on top. The tray held three wine glasses and a decanter of a pale yellow liquid.

“Please, make yourself comfortable.” said Vincent gesturing to the chair in the far corner.

One of the Indians played mother. Pouring the golden wine into the glasses and handing them to Leon, the stranger and Vincent, in that order.

In the room with them were the two Indians and the two other men from Vincent’s crew.

“Now then let’s have a little chat, shall we?” “I’m Vincent Vendetta, this is Leon Silvestre and you are…?” inquired Vincent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Sulivan could have slapped himself in the face for being so stupid. What was he thinking just waltzing off to the Spainard. Now in the precense of possible enemies he would need to talk very well if he was to survive the next few minutes.

"My name is Sulivan Jacobs, I was ordered to eliminate Vendetta due to a good amount of suspisian of piracy and other crimes against the crown." He turned to the Spainard who still had his pistol ready on his lap. "I'm sorry to disapoint Leon but at this time you were not the high priority."

To this the Spainard seemed emotionless, just staring back at him with intelligent eyes suggesting he was just as cunning a individual as Sulivan's sometime foreign handler had mentioned.

Vendetta seemed to revel in the idea that the king had seen fit that he had crossed the line into fame among the king's court but it was very hard to read his target.

"Well that is nice that you have been honest but I fail to see why you decided not to fire upon us in the cafe and decided to track down Leon." Vendetta said before taking a drink from his cup.

Sulivan considered his next reply carefully for he himself was not entirely sure why he had done what he had but eventually the words came to him.

"For years now I've served as one of the Crown's shadowy hands existing only to go out and eliminate enemies far and wide from North America to the Carribeans. Any times you hear of a competent captain seeming to die aboard his own boat and there had been no hints of a mutiny you can be sure that agents such as me have been invovled. I stopped today becuase of late I have grown tired of living shackled to a government leagues away, and as it seems you have a plan to acquire a certain amount of gold from our good friend Jacobson, well you seem to be a natural choice for turning the tables on those who have been using me.

To this Vendetta paused. 'How in the sea had he heard Leon and him talking about the portmaster and his gold.' he turne to Leon waiting for his reply to Sulivan's accusations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:44 pm

“I think that makes me two up on you, Leon.” said Vincent with a sideways glance at his friend.

“So now it’s piracy.” Vendetta’s mode took a sudden change of course. “I can see that you are not a man who does this for the fun of it. What hold do they have on you? Also who is your operator, your contact that gives you your orders? If it’s something like piracy, I can almost guess.”

“If you truly wish to be a free man, then perhaps we can come to an arrangement. But to do so requires trust on both sides. If you walk out of this room there will be a price on your head as well. So therefore the first thing to do is convince the authorities that you are in fact dead.”
said Vincent.

“Let us set the scene. The coat, very nice, take it off and give it to Sky.” One of the Indians stepped forward. “Do you have any papers or items that would identify you? If so give them to him as well.” Turning to Sky, Vincent said, “Pigs blood, knife fight, messy. Find dark side street but one were it will be found. Go now.” Sky turned without saying a word and left the room. Before sunset you shall be listed as dead on the daily report.” smiled Vincent.

“So now you have just been reborn, Mr. Jacobs. What would you do with your new life?” Vincent sat back in his chair and watched for Sulivan’s reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:25 pm

Sulivan withdrew his letters of mark along with a small dagger that had been given to him by his old mentor. "Local authorities will not think more of this but my operator will know what has happened." He turned toward the large indian who had answered to Sky

"So long as our friend makes it look like a good struggle i'm not one to overstep my skills but I am a hard man to kill."

Vendetta grinned at Sulivan and finished his glass. "That promise may be proven wrong in time. I still think that the portmaster needs to be removed of some of his ill gotten wealth."

Sulivan reached inside his undercoat but stopped when the indians reached for there blow guns. "You need not fear this, it shall be very fruitfull in your new endeavor."

Vendetta slowly nodded to the indians and allowed Sulivan to continue. Sulivan brought out the object he had in his clothes. The metal object he wirhdrew was a ring of keys, each one varied in size and shape Sulivan expertly navigated each one untill he came upone the one had been looking for.

"In my line of work one needs accessibility to a number of places, and in my new life I recall that the previous portmaster had made several attempts to court the king's governor's daughter and he needed to be [i]convinced to retire earlier than expected. Of course he was nice enough to loan me his keys before he retired to Davy Jones Locker." Sulivan said coldly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:08 pm

“Ah! The keys to the kingdom.” Vincent said with a chuckle.

The letter was placed into the inside pocket of the great coat. After inspecting the dagger, Vincent handed it over to Sky.

“That may come in handy. See if you can make good use of it.” he said to Sky.

As the Indian departed with the items, Vincent turned his attention to the keys. “And these may be of even more importance.” he said to Sulivan, as he handed them back.

“Now first things first. We must get you under cover quickly. It wouldn’t do to have you seen walking around when you are suppose to be dead. No, that wouldn’t do at all. So, let us remove ourselves to the Valkyrie. You shall stay hidden there until we can get you out of port. Also its time to go over the plan.” finished Vincent.

With that said he arose and placing some coins on the wine tray he turned to the party. “Let us leave by the back door and using the back alleys make our way to Valkyrie.” With this he open the door and looking out stepped into the narrow hall. “Sea, lead the way.”

The group exited the Plaza and made their way to the ship without further incident. Once aboard they went below decks to the crew’s quarters. Several other members of the crew were there and with a request from Vincent, they too left. There only remained Vincent, Leon, Sulivan, Sea and the large crewman.

“Please forgive my oversight. Allow me to introduce Mr. Pendall.” (Gesturing to the large man.) “He is my quartermaster, first mate and second captain of the Valkyrie. He is also my strong right arm. He looks after me as an older brother would.” said Vincent with his trademark smile.

“Now down to business. Jacobson is a careful but predictable man. I have been watching him for some time and found that he has fallen into the trap of routine. Each night he leaves the Port House and goes to the Plaza for a nightly glass of wine. He then goes directly to his villa on the outskirts of town. There he has dinner with his family and settles in for the night. Just before dusk, he takes a stroll through his garden. It is about one acre in size. In the back corner behind some hedges is the tool shed. He looks around to see if anyone is watching and then opens the lock and enters. Your keys may help here, Sulivan. Thanks to a small knot hole in the siding, I watched as he entered and went to the back left corner. There was a wicker basket containing some plant tubers. He slides this to one side and knelling lifts the flagstone flooring beneath. This is his hiding place. I not sure how many, but there are several strong boxes and small chests hidden within. He places his days take into one of the boxes, then replaces everything and exits.” Here Vincent paused to see if everyone was with him so far.

Now he withdrew a map from his pocket. Laying it onto the table he said, “Have a look at this.” The map showed a layout of the villa and garden, as well as the surround area. “The game is this. Jacobson only goes out there in the late evening. I have never seen him take anything out, so my guess is this is his retirement fund. There is no telling how many chests are there but they all can be easily carried. I see us doing this in the early morning just after midnight. The key is stealth, quite, and making sure that everything is returned to normal. The four of us shall hide in the surround jungle and watch until the hour is right. Sulivan you shall try the lock with your keys. Once inside we shall remove the boxes and take them to Sea and Sky who will be waiting on this road.” He indicated a path that was some forth paces from the shed. I shall keep watch of the house while you three carry out the task. When the last box is removed, everything will be returned to its place, so that all looks undisturbed. Then we depart and make our way back here. Sea and Sky, dressed like farmers will have four donkeys to carry away the boxes. They shall be under a tarp and appear to be items for market. The path goes on for a quarter mile and empties into the main road into town. There they will wait the early morning traffic of people making their way to town for Market Day and then join in the crowd. Using this cover they shall make their way here with the boxes.” Again Vincent paused and looked at each man.

Vincent continued, “Once all are aboard we shall open the boxes and you may divide up its contents as you wish. I trust you shall give fair shares to Pendall and the Indians. After that, Leon, you will remain in port to see what happens. I need to know if Sulivan is listed as listed among the departed and also what Jacobson’s reaction is. The Valkyrie will way anchor and set sail. A week later you shall join us at Barbados.”

“And what do you get out of this?” Leon said with a frowned look at Vincent.

“The boxes of course.” replied Vincent.

“What!! All you want is the dam chests?” said Leon. “Just what are you up to?”

“My friends, if all goes well, this shall be just the appetizer leading to a main course that will make us all wealthy men. Trust me.” stated Vincent. “We shall be out to sea and long gone before Jacobson even knows he has been robbed. For you see Market Day falls on a Sunday and the Port Office is, closed. Therefore it will be Monday night at the earliest before Jacobson discovers his loss. Three days from now is Market Day and the evening before shall have a full moon. That is when we do the deed. Agreed?”

With all this said, Vincent had laid out the entire plan and now he awaited the response from his partners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Sulivan made sure that the guard had returned along his way and then contiued on his work. Jacobson was a clever fellow but even with his wits he had not deemed it necesary to replace all the old padlocks on his exterior fence gates. It had taken a bit of negociating with the lock which had been coroded since Sulivan had last been there.

It took him several minutes moving as quickly as he deemed and then he heard a soft click as the key slid past the last lock. "We're through." Sulivan turned and made sure that the patrolling guard was no where in sight. He carefully opened the rusty gate and then the four moved in. While they believed that they wouldnt run into any trouble they all had their flintlocks at the ready and Sulivan had his rifle that he had procured from his weapons cache on the island at the ready.

They quietly moved through the garden under the cover of darkness their only light from the moon high above them. Vincent eyed the area ahead of him looking for anysign of the portmaster or anything out of the ordinary that Vincent had not predicted. Up ahead Sulivan reached a hedge right before the bleak tool shed in the garden. As the rest of the group reached him Sulivan peaked over the wall of bush and searched for any threats.

"Ok remember we need to be as quick and quiet as possible." Vendetta spoke quietly and then motioned for them to continue with the wave of his pistol. Pendall and Leon stood watch as Vendetta and Sulivan got to work on the shed door. Sulivan withdrew the ring of keys once more and then found the gate key had just used and stopped dead. The padlock was silver and it gleamed in the moodlight. Whereas the gate lock could have given way to a razor sharp cutlass this one would not be so easy.

"Sulivan what is it." Vendetta asked with his flintlock at the ready. Sulivan turned to reply and then he heard movement. The group froze as they heard the sound of a wooden door opening somewhere away from their position. Vendetta had always try to keep his senses if peak condition and his gaze fell on the source of the disturbance.

"Jacobson!" He said as the rest of the group turned as well. Coming right out from his home Jacobson acopanied by a British Naval Lieutenant and 6 armed soldiers started along the stone paved path toward Vendetta and his allies current location.

Leon and Pendall went to cover themselves with the hedge and then turned to Vendetta."How did he know?" and then suddenly Pendall had his flintlock's hammers ready and aimed at Sulivan.

"We've been betrayed Captain." The first mate's eyes locked on the ex privateer.

"Wait Pendall, he is not rushing toward us but he does have purpose." Vendetta reasured his friend and then turned to Leon."What do you think we should."

The shot rang out just as he spoke, but it had originated from near the group not the portmaster. the three turned around and saw Sulivan with a smoking pistol in hand and the silver lock now a smoldering ruin on the ground.

Sulivan opened the door wide and then got to work on the hiding place. Angry shouts came from Jacobson and his group and then Sulivan tossed one of the lock boxes to Vendetta. Though he had presumed with no urgency the boxes would be a relatively simple think to hold he let out a small 'Hummph' when he realized just how much money that Jacobson had placed in each chest.

"We loot and then we run!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: loud noises   Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:48 pm

As Leon heard the shot ring out he rolled his dark eyes at Vendetta much the a way a father glares in a scolding fashion at a child. The large plump spainard kept a precarious hold upon his own flintlock and another on his sword fearing the worse. Soon though he was met by the frantic young man they had met only moments before as he rushed out to them with the chest in hand.

Leon took his hands off his weapons and sighed,

"Perhaps next time Senior a bit more silence."

He prepared to take off in a very few short moments. Gun shots had a nasty way of alerting everyone in the near vicinity very quickly to there buisness. Leon had clout but he could only do so much when guards approached and one of his associates was holding the actual evidence in hand. Still at the term run the Spainard took a long look at his rather over abundant figure and a long look at the young man,

"Senior I havn't ran anywhere since the last time I engaged a certain english lord's daughter. I will meet you all back at the ship."

Leon started to casually stroll down the street. If guards approached him alone he could always use papers, bribes, blackmail and outright threats to get around it. However with the two of them it would be harder to get away. He would meet them back at the meeting place shortly enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:59 pm

"In my expierence its better to shoot first die later." As he hefted the large crate to Pendall he continued. "Jacobson and the guards would have spotted us sooner than later and I'm not one for letting king's guard getting close to me at the moment.

Vendetta fired his pistol toward the advancing group of enemies and then turned and smiled to Leon."Besides my good friend, you yourself were responsible for that merchant vessel ramming that British barge in Barbados."

Leon ducked under the return fire barrage and then fired back. His weapon let loose the power of a great weaponsmith and the sphere of death raced toward its target.

One of the redcoats was struck by the force and keeled over into his comrades who in between reloading and firing their weapons uttered a variety of curses toward Sulivan and the others.

Sulivan rushed toward the gate they had entered as fast as he could. Although it blocked his view tremendously and it pained him greatly he had managed to hoist two of the chests in his arms and still managed to move.

Leon despite his earlier remarks summoned some of his reserves of strength and was keeping up the pace with the rest of the group. "So what about that die later phase I'm sure Jacobson will realize just what has left his possession."

Vendetta's thoughts seemed to be running coherently with his spainish friend but his quick wits had solved the issue almost just as Sulivan had fired on the lock.

"The plan remains. Jacobson has not seen who we are so we are still in the clear. We will pass them off to Sea and Sky as planned and then alter the plan as it needs be." A solo round ripped into his cloak and he swore as he ducked under another shot as they group cleared the gate.

"But of course Sulivan one time or another I will need to properly tutor you in the ways of making a silent exit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So it Begins ....   

Back to top Go down

So it Begins ....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: Shipwreck Tavern-
Jump to: