HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 18
Localisation : Somewhere in that place with the people and the things that go.
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri May 25, 2007 4:02 am

Oi to you lot who've decided to delve into my mad writings once more,

I just thought I'd open the floor for the considerations of what if possible us individuals would be nameing our ships with the hopefully soon advent of beta nad the real game,

I hopeing to take up the seas as "Galant Spirit" centering on the sort of vessel to inspire hope amongst allies but to strike a since of fear to the enemies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri May 25, 2007 4:50 am

It would be called "Tempus Fugit" which means Time Flies. I was also considering "Autumn Daydreams" but it didn't sound very piratey.

Last edited by on Fri May 25, 2007 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am

Staying with the “V” vernacular, and the tradition of naming ships after women. I have settled on “Valkyrie”, the maidens of Norse mythology. The Valkyries, minor female deities, served Odin. The purpose was to choose the most heroic of those who had died in battle, and to carry them off to Valhalla. To bad we will not have figueheads for our ships. The idea of a horned helmeted, bare breasted, spear carrying Valkyrie at the bow of my ship, is most appealing.

Oh, that reminds me. When I want sailing off Maine, I came across this tidbit of sailor lore. The idea of the female figurehead, especially one exposing a breast or two, comes from the old sailors belief (superstition) that it somehow had a calming effect of the waves. Possible the idea that Neptune or any of the male sea gods/dieties would be pleased at the view and not wish to disturb the waves.
Shocked

Last edited by on Sat May 26, 2007 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri May 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Julia Bloodbath wrote:
I never really put any thought into what I would name my ship should I get one. Cause in all reality its not going to be easy to gain a ship.

But if I get the oppurtunity to get one it would be named "Tempus Fugit" which means Time Flies. I was also considering "Autumn Daydreams" but it didn't sound very piratey.

You do know everyone starts out wit a ship in the game right? its a small ship but a ship nonetheless so you will definately have something to name Very Happy

Um i dont know i probably go with something simple like "The Raven" or something else similar.

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri May 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Sweet. I was afraid we were going to have to start out with the raft, sail up alongside some other ship and draw a pistol. And I don't think those odds are very good...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri May 25, 2007 10:44 pm

alba_cross wrote:
Sweet. I was afraid we were going to have to start out with the raft, sail up alongside some other ship and draw a pistol. And I don't think those odds are very good...

That would be kind of fun though, arriving on the raft and fighting the crew for the ship. But alba_cross is right, the odds would be against us....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Sat May 26, 2007 3:11 am

If you go onto the PotBS website you will see a note for viewing ships, "Ship Guide". Select that and a new window appears that has two lists. The one on the left is the type of ship. By selecting a ship type, the book on the right opens up and gives the stats for that ship. One of which is Level. So if the Level is 1 then you can select that ship upon entering the game. Also I understand that each player will be able to have two character per server and each character will be able to have up to 3 ships at their level or lower.

If in fact that is the case then I chose Valkyrie, Varlet, and Vandal.

Level 1 : Raft – Yacht – Periauger – Medway long boat – Small Chasse-Maree – Gunboat – Hiorten – Medium Schooner (which is interesting since the Small Schooner is level 2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kreptic
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Sun May 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Well mateys if we get to name our ships which we should I am going to name my "Jenny"... ummm cause thats hilarious. if you dont know why. spoilers.
watch forest gump
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Mon May 28, 2007 12:27 pm

Laughing i wish i thought of that one, that made me lol JEN-NY!

We should change the name of the society to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co Laughing

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Mon May 28, 2007 6:55 pm

mmm shrimp, now I really want seafood. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Criniit
Shadow Captain

Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:56 pm

I will definatly be naming my ship Serenity. (Thats what my ship in rl is named too)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:16 am

Nice name criniit, my family had a boat like 7 years ago it was named "Wet Willy" Laughing i thought that was a cool name at the time but Serenity is much better.

Back to top Go down
ilnadmy
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:59 pm

Huh, didn't know you could name your ship. Dangit, now I need to find a French name for my ship too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaheris Harper
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Anla'Shok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NealCassady
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 pm

Neal Cassady's Rifter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rumandwenches.net
ilnadmy
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 pm

For my first dinky little raft:

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Oooooh that stings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 pm

You know I was thinking about this, and I think I will name her Shalott. Like the depressing poem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asmym Livural
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:04 pm

I think for my raft, I'll call it the Calamari Devil. It's an inside joke.

But after I get a decent sized ship, I'll name it the Flying Dutchman. Sure, it's a bit generic, but anyone who's seen PotC will know that it's the most badass ship in the Caribbean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkaypirate
Outsider

Number of posts : 1
Localisation : Second star to the right and straight on till morning
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:27 pm

hmm...I would probably name my ship the Shadow Diamond. I think it sounds dark and mysterious... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship   

Back to top Go down

Whats a ship without a NAME why its just some ship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: