What are you doing?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 3:49 pm

So we all have to be doing something to pass the time until PotBS come out, what are you doing? what game are you playing or what hobby have you taken up to keep busy until we hit the seas?

I am an aspiring Writer/director (yes i know it is sad) so i have been doing alot of writing and research for an upcoming film i hope to produce soon, other then that i have been working (boring) and playing MLB 07 the show on my ps2 ..thats about it that and watching alot of TV/movies Laughing

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: My busy schedule   Wed May 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Well, as you could probably guess by how much I've been posting...

Not much.

I've been sleeping a lot. Yes, the glory of summer is sleeping your heart's content. Incidently I'm a writier too, but that is hardly entertaining when you have writer's block. So I've been reading (thank God I work at Barnes and Noble) Oh yeah, and working too Rolling Eyes If anyone knows of any good PS2 games please let me know!!! All the ones I have are either scratched, beaten or both.

I've also been driving around a lot. To nowhere in particular, just picking up my friends (who need to get their license) Road trips are fun even if they always end with a quarter tank of gas left and someone saying, "Wait. Where are we?" Season finales were last week and its still too early for most movies. I'm desperately looking for something to do!

Last edited by on Wed May 23, 2007 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 pm

I have been replaying Kingdome Hearts 2. I already beat it but I am trying it on a harder level. I have also been writing for fun. Nothing special. I have also been obsessing over Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I don't know why but it might have something to do with the fact that my mom hates them and I feel like bugging her. I have also been reading a lot. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 8:07 pm

ahh writers block... i know it so well Laughing the toughest page for me to write is always the first after i get the first done i am usually ok for awhile.

I havent read a good book in awhile though i may have to go down to my local BN and find a new one to read.

As far as a good ps2 game well the only console games i really play are sports games so unless your into that i dont think i can really help with that Very Happy

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Oh well... Yeah sports games aren't really my thing. I barely like any sports at all. Only hockey.

GO KINGS!!!!!!

But that's pretty done and over with, not to mention we've been sucking pretty bad the past couple seasons. Yeah, its that time of year when all the new releases are coming out. Like Harry Potter... (ew. Not to offend any fans, I have personal issues with Harry Potter) and other stuff. Yeah, I'm normally really good with writing I just lose interest when I'm half way done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 8:20 pm

As far as movies go I am going to go see POTC3 at 8pm tomorrow yay!!!!!! And I plan on going to a couple concerts next month along with Sea World in San Deigo so it will be a busy month
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 8:31 pm

I'm going on Friday at five in the morning. I got VIP tickets to the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood. Why at 5 in the morning...I'm not entirely sure yet, but it sounded like a good idea at the time. pirat

Arg...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 8:44 pm

I was going to go see Pirates at midnight tomorrow night but when i heard that it was 2 hours and 40 minutes i decided i would wait to saturday or sunday.

I read the first 5 Harry Potter books and they were all pretty good i thought but i have lost interest i dont really know why but i could care less about this final book i will just read some spoilers on the net to find out if he dies thats about it Laughing

My biggest problem with writing is i get ADD i get halfway done a screenplay and then something inspires me to start a completely different story so i have a bunch of half finished screenplays laying around.

But anyways you guys have to let me know how Pirates 3 is tomorrow i loved the first but wasnt a huge fan of the 2nd (thought it was to long) so im excited to see the third.

Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 8:57 pm

Will do.

I don't like Harry Potter basically because it was the trendy thing at my school. Really, it was pretty appalling how much of a fad it turned out to be and I have a prejudice against trends. POTC is the only acception because I could not resist. Barnes and Noble is going to be holding games and a bunch of weird things the night it comes out and we're staying open until 12 at night.

I am not looking forward to it.

I write super long novels and I have the same exact problem with writing ADD. I'm getting to a place where I'm stuck and then all of the sudden I'm inspired to do something else. I have a million half written stories on this computer. It takes a LOT of focus to actually finish one. I've actually only finished two. Ever. I'm actually writing between posts right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Yea i dont think people appreciate how hard it is to be a writer honestly it takes alot of focus and ofcourse creativity, i couldnt imagine finishing a novel i dont think i have the discipline to do so i used to try but would never get far because it dosent really fit my writing style so i started doing screenplays and that is right in my wheelhouse, a long screenplay is 150 pages max and that is considered a short novel so that is a very intimidating thing for me Laughing

And plus i have always had a love for films and directing so Screenplay writing was a good match for that...

What Genre do you write and what do you consider super long (im kinda scared to find out Shocked ) ?

My guilty pleasure as far as television ends tonight, American Idol yes i know i should be ashamed but i am addicted to that show tonight is the finale (its actually on now but i got it tivod) so thats what will be occupying me tonight.

Back to top Go down
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 10:29 pm

Well, as I told you, my brother, and I represent our Clan at the various Scottish games and festivals around our area. We have been using an SUV but it has gotten full to overflowing. So we have bought a ‘97 E250 cargo van and are in the process of converting it into the “Clan Hannay of Sorbie Mobile”!! If it turns out the way we envision it should be awesome. The color scheme will be in our clan colors, white, blue and black. We are naming it after our mother “Nora”, and will be getting vanity plates with that name. Right now it’s at the mechanics having a total check out and repair. It will probably take the better part of the summer to complete. Old van = lots of work. When complete I’ll try to send out some pictures. Aside from that I’m working on a model of the Beagle, Darwin’s ship of discovery.

So you guys are writers and film makers. I may want to get together with you on some ideas for books/films. My problem is that I have some ideas, and general plots but not the skill to flesh them out on paper. So maybe we could collaborate? That is if you don’t mind working with a semi-mad, mentally deranged, anti-social, old fool.
affraid

Last edited by on Sun May 27, 2007 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 23, 2007 11:03 pm

The only problem I have with Harry Potter is that the books are to long, and this coming from an avid reader, and they all basically go along the same guidelines. Evil is out to get Harry. he proves his innocence and kills the bad dude. Nothing really exciting. And when i found out my fav character died in the fifth one I just gave up on Harry Potter all together. I havnt even seen the movies.

So what is your favorite genre alba_cross?? Do you like the fantasy route of things, zombies, faireis etc., or do you prefer the more romantic kind of stories.

And if I ever had to write a novel I would probably go crazy. Well not probably, I most definetly would. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 am

Yup. Sci-fi, action, fantasy, post apocolyptic, supernatural, and the romance sub plot is a must. (What can I say? I'm a girl) Yeah, novels aren't as long as you'd think at least for me. Maybe its the format of word, or maybe my stories aren't as long as I think they are, but most people cannot believe I've written that much when they see the length, but they end up being about 50 pages on Word. Maybe even less.

Vincent, I would LOVE to collaborate with you. It is one of my favorite things to do ever.

Idol made me mad because it made so many people addicted (including me for 1 season). I would like to say I hate reality shows, but Ghost Hunters is one of my faves.

Also, I hope there's others like me out there when I say BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (the new one of course) ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No new episodes until 2008 though. I will be in mourning until then. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Thu May 24, 2007 12:57 am

Love ghost hunters but can't stand Battlestar Galatica. It was just to weird. And if I say that then it must be, because I am into the weird t.v shows. Angel, Buffy, Doctor Who....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Thu May 24, 2007 1:35 am

IMO the best show on TV is Prison Break that show is awesome! I love it, other then that the show i watch the most is ESPN news Laughing or random things on discovery or history channel.

Im not to big into Sci Fi tv shows the only one i really got into was Invasion but it got canceled after only one season, i really liked that show though.

And yes almost any good story has to have the romance sub plot most of my screenplays actually can be centered around the quote in your signature Julia.

Back to top Go down
Leon Silvestre
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: So   Wed May 30, 2007 6:09 pm

So lots of writers, flim makers, and one crazy guy. Fun times.

So basically this summer is a time of, School,Work.......wait why is summer fun again? Oh rite girls in swimsuits check bounce

That being said I don't do alot with summer, I have summer classes, and work, and gaming mostly. I don't get much time to read anymore, though I do enjoy reading. Beyond that I'm a avid Strategy Turn Based Gamer Mideval Total War 2=True Love.
Prolly just hang with some friends this summer, and wait for POTBS beta lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Wed May 30, 2007 6:15 pm

Wow you are my new best friend. two of my favorite things

#1 Medieval 2: Total War and all Total war games for that matter.

#2 and even more importantly girls in bikinis.

ah i love summer i really do.

Last edited by on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Calvin
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:48 pm

I have been taking a break from playing WoW, or any games for that matter. At the moment I am farming Wife Rep so that when Pirates comes out and I don't come to bed for a month, she will remember the good times and maybe not divorce me Wink . Other than that, I work and sometimes play chess(not very well though). I need to find a game that is less time consuming than WoW to occupy my time until open beta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sailor Sulivan Jacobs
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 18
Localisation : Somewhere in that place with the people and the things that go.
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Oi I'm just surfing a load of game forums looking into leads on a load of stuff, summer now so work is major priority but cant wait for Medieval Total war 2 KINGDOMS exspansion looks really sweet along with my xbox 360 mmo "TWO WORLDS" and i'm working on making sure I'll balance burning sea with it but thats still not till july and beta should start for this soon right....right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Yea Beta will be GREATLY expanded by end of June according to devs... I cant wait

Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?   Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:39 pm

Yes! Counting down the days... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing?