Request to come aboard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Request to come aboard   Mon May 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Hello! This is alba_cross. I am very interested in joining the Legion of Shadows. I would love to be considered for this powerful ragtag group of "Casual Hardcores".

alba_cross

In-game name: alba_cross

Nation: Spain

Profession: PIRATE!!!

A little about yourself: I'm a born and bred gamer. My dad is actually in this game too, but he already has a group. Pirates are my thing, I'm well known for being obsessed. By day I am a mild mannered bookseller at Barnes and Noble. I also go to junior college and I'm planning on being a literature major, but that's bound to change like all my other majors.

That's about it. Hope I can be a part of this awesome group! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 2:34 am

Spanish, how delightful. How shall I address you, senor, senora, or (hopefully) senorita? My friend, Julia and I were planning a little get together for some chit-chat over a bottle of Burgundy. Do so hope you have the time to join us. Oh yes, and by all means welcome to our little group of misfits.

A bookseller at Barnes and Noble? Have you read “The Prince” by Niccolo Michiavelli. I have found it most useful. May I suggest you pick up a copy, (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 6:12 am

Like a Star @ heaven Yes if you do have the time come join Vincent and I for that glass of Burgundy, and welcome to the group! And you have my dream job so I am jealous. Like a Star @ heaven

geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 10:08 am

Gracias. And it is Senorita. Thank you I would love to stop by for a glass of Burgandy. See you guys on the water!

alba_cross
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vincent Vendetta
Shadow Captain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 11:16 am

Wonderful!

Two ladies in our small group, that may be some kind of record. Now, in that my Spanish is horrid, and to prevent any future embarrassments, I shall stay with English which I am told, I seem to have moderate success.

When I was in my first year of college, there was a Spanish exchange student that I was madly in love with. Her hair was raven black with eyes to match. They seemed to look straight into ones soul. But alas, she didn’t know I existed. After all, I was skinny, and pale, with ears, and nose that where a tad bit to large for my head, and a chin that was depressed. Oh well, what might have been.

Your name grabbed my attention, and I was wondering if you know its significance? So, I shall jump in, and explain, uninvited. “Alba” is the ancient Gaelic name for Scotland, and “Cross”, is the national flag of Scotland a.k.a. “the St. Andrews Cross or Solitaire”. A blue field with a white “X”, imposed. Being of Scottish ancestry you can see my interest.

I also noticed that you do not have an Avatar. Perhaps you and “Charming Julia” could get together, and do that girl thing, and go shopping. Julia has excellent taste in Avatars. I see that I am rambling on again so I shall end my message here, and say how delighted I am to have you with us and see you in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf
Shadow of The Round Table

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Wow this is a personal record for me i have run clans/guilds in many games and never had more then one female member at any one time, well i think we are off to a good start i was hoping to get a very diverse group and it looks like thats what is happening thus far Very Happy .

We would be happy to have you join us Alba. we are just starting out but i already feel we have a great core! And if i understand right you plan to play the Spanish Nation if that is so you are our first non-Pirate Nation member which is exciting. So make yourself at home on the forums and i look forward to getting to know you better.

And V I am not really of what i would consider scottish ancestry as my heritage is kind a mish mash of ton of different things (a lil scottish mixed in) but I am an avid student of history and thought i would note that Alba also means Dawn or Sunrise... a very beautiful name no doubt. and my favorite actress for many reasons is Jessica Alba which ofcourse adds to my love for the name Laughing .

Well anyways back on topic Welcome to the Legion Very Happy

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legionofshadows.pureforum.net
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Did not know all that stuff. To be honest I was desperately looking for a cool ocean-like, but not too obvious name. I got the name from the bird Albatross. Anyone see Serenity? Anyone?

Well, for those who haven't the albatross is supposed to be good luck to sailors. So I wanted something similar, but not the same and somehow alba_cross popped up and that is my grand tale of how I got my name. Cool stuff to know though, at least its a good somewhat feminine name.

I'm not Scottish, maybe a little bit. But more French and Canadian, but despite my heritage I can be a worthy foe, don't you worry.

And what can I say? You gotta love the Spanish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 3:43 pm

Speaking of that Avatar thing, I've been having trouble finding a good one. Want to help me out Julia?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 4:05 pm

I got the Albatross reference good idea... as far as finding an avatar, unless you are able to make your own or someone will make one for you the best thing to do is to turn to google...i dont know what we would do without google.

"A man with deep far-sightedness will survey both the beginning and the end of a situation and continually consider its every facet as important"
Back to top Go down
alba_cross
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Tah-dah! If this doesn't get the point across real fast, than I don't know what does.

(By the way, Ronin, I love your Avatar. It's mesmorizing and entertaining)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 6:40 pm

alba_cross wrote:
Speaking of that Avatar thing, I've been having trouble finding a good one. Want to help me out Julia?

Google is God when it comes to avatars. All I did was type in female pirates and started browseing. But it might take some time cause some of the ones I saw were kind of dorky. Also try Yahoo! Images, they had some nice ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 6:45 pm

alba_cross wrote:
Tah-dah! If this doesn't get the point across real fast, than I don't know what does.

(By the way, Ronin, I love your Avatar. It's mesmorizing and entertaining)

Thanks I stumbled across this avatar on google and fell in love with it....and good choice on your avatar it definitely gets the message across pirat

Back to top Go down
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm

I love the avatar your avatar alba_cross! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia Bloodbath
Shadow Captain

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   Wed May 23, 2007 7:59 pm

Let me try this again. I love the avatar alba_cross!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request to come aboard   

Back to top Go down

Request to come aboard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of Shadows :: General Discussion :: Recruitment Office-
Jump to: